RESPECT AND CONFIDENTIALITY, you have the right:
1. To be treated with consideration, respect, and dignity, including the provision of privacy during care.
2. To have your property treated with respect.
3. To have staff communicate in a language or form you can reasonably be expected to understand and when possible, the organization assists with or may provide special devices, interpreters, or other aids to facilitate communication.
4. To maintain confidentiality of your clinical records in accordance with legal requirements and to anticipate the organization will release information only with your authorization or as required by law.
5. To be informed of the organization's policies and procedures for disclosure of your clinical record.
FINANCIAL ASPECTS OF CARE, you have the right:
1. To be informed of the extent to which payment of the hospice services may be expected from Medicare, Medicaid, or any other payer.
2. To be informed of charges not covered by Medicare and/or responsibility for any payment(s) that you may have to make.
3. To receive this information orally and in writing before care is initiated and within 30 calendar days of the date the organization becomes aware of any changes.